I’ve been thinking a lot about why I blog, what is my purpose, what motivates me?
I blog because
- It’s cathartic
- Having accountability means I will write more
- Hearing from other folks is a huge gift
- This blog helps me remember my anguish and suffering can be an encouragement to others on this path of life.
- My favorite reason – making a difference rocks! 🙂
What is my purpose?
- To give voice to my story
- To give encouragement, strength, hope, gratitude, peace to others.
- To honor those who have given the gifts mentioned in point 2 above, one example:
- To remind everyone of the spark of light that is within all of us.
- To remind everyone we can survive unthinkable circumstances and still live with dignity, remaining true to ones own spirit.
What motivates me?
- I did not receive all the help I needed along the way and wish to see this changed for others.
- I wish to share what I did receive with others.
- I know what it is to feel the dark, cold hard floor of rock bottom.
- I have thought a time or two about monetizing my blog but do not wish inanimate objects or selfish gain to be motivators. People matter, hearts matter, numbers, and statistics do not.
Writing helps me see things more clearly, it helps me discover patterns in my behavior and that of others. It helps remind me of progress made when everything, everywhere I looked was dark and hopeless.
This blog helps make some sense out of the tragedy man is responsible for creating in the first place.
Written March 25, 2012